WELCOME TO THE ARCHIVES

This site contains the archives of my travel blogs from 2010-2016.

I'm now blogging via Medium. For other life updates, including opportunities or requests to collaborate, visit my personal website.

.

.

.

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Helsinki Cityscapes

I've had a special request.  My mother called last night and said, "I want to see what it looks like when you're just walking down the street."
I usually get frustrated when I try to take "walking down the street" photos, because I want to cram all of the people, sights, sounds, and smells into my lens, and it's just not possible.  Nevertheless, I'll give you what I have....

C'est ma maman qui voulait regarder les photos de mes promenades en ville.  Souvent je n'aime pas ce genre de photo quand je les fasses, parce que c'est impossible de mettre tous les sons et goûts d'une ville dans le petit écran sur mon appareil. Mais bon, un essaie.... 




A castle-house that I'm dying to move into. Maya said her best friend's
grandfather used to live there.
The house is on the street below, which leads right to the sea!




View from the very steep steps of the Helsingen tuomiokirkko -
the Lutheran church



For some reason, I end up taking a picture of this building
every time I walk past it.

An evening in the center. Straight ahead: the Stockmann
department store building (aka the Euro Shopping Palace)


One of the many neighborhood playgrounds

A church one block from the seaside




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog content © 2015 Shirah Eden Foy. Powered by Blogger.