WELCOME TO THE ARCHIVES

This site contains the archives of my travel blogs from 2010-2016.

I'm now blogging via Medium. For other life updates, including opportunities or requests to collaborate, visit my personal website.

.

.

.

Thursday, May 05, 2011

Tallinn: The Door Collection

I liked my Helsinki Door Collection so much that when I took a day trip to Tallinn yesterday I resumed photographing doorways. Tallinn is the capital of Estonia, a country in northern Europe that used to be part of the Soviet Union.  These days, it seems that the city has one foot in Russia and the other in Finland.  As a whole the streets and buildings are much cleaner than Russia, but their distinctly ancient qualities don't quite mimic the contemporary and functional feeling of Finnish design. My Tallinn Door Collection is just a preview of my Tallinn exposé that is to come.

Now about the doors:
I think that we often enter buildings and walk through cities without really looking at the doors; but the more I travel, the more I realize how much entryways set the tone of a neighborhood and even a whole city.

Here are some of my favorites from Tallinn...


















This last one is definitely my favorite. Notice the trees and shrubs growing out of the roof.
Look forward to more pictures from my day trip to Tallinn later this week.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog content © 2015 Shirah Eden Foy. Powered by Blogger.