WELCOME TO THE ARCHIVES

This site contains the archives of my travel blogs from 2010-2016.

I'm now blogging via Medium. For other life updates, including opportunities or requests to collaborate, visit my personal website.

.

.

.

Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Life on the Road


It's an amazing experience to wake up in the morning and be two states over from where I went to bed. I feel like we have all the benefits of travel without most of the hassles.
  • We don't have to worry about lost luggage or carrying around heavy luggage.
  • We keep food on the bus so if we don't like our options somewhere, we can always eat "at home" instead.
  • Our cubby-style bunk-beds are soooo comfortable, and really....who needs head room when you're exploring a new city every day? It's not like we're going to read a book or something -- as soon as we roll into that bunk it's lights out until we absolutely have to leave the next day.
  • We have internet, satellite TV, personal DVD players, a bathroom, a living room, a mini-kitchen, and a den....all on the bus! With 12 of us on here it's not exactly spacious, but I know families of 15 in China who's entire homes aren't this big.
and I can't believe we're already on Day 4! This is going by way to fast -- we are having so much fun together as a group. I really appreciate everyone else's perspective on each city, on particular elements within each city.

Here we are at Little Rock Central High in Arkansas:
(I'm third from the left, in the cap)

We just hit Texas, where apparently everything is bigger....Here we come San Antonio!

Oh, and just as an aside....our driver's previous tour passengers include L'il Wayne, Madonna, Lorrie Morgan, Papa Roach, and a few other celebs. Most of the people he carries are hard-core rockers, and it's legal to smoke and drink on the bus, so I think he might appreciate our good behavior and early nights. He says, "The people that get on here are adults, they do whatever they want. I just have one rule--don't die on my bus."

Time for us to get out in the town!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog content © 2015 Shirah Eden Foy. Powered by Blogger.