WELCOME TO THE ARCHIVES

This site contains the archives of my travel blogs from 2010-2016.

I'm now blogging via Medium. For other life updates, including opportunities or requests to collaborate, visit my personal website.

.

.

.

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Stockholm: The Door Collection

My 'adopted' Finnish parents took me along on a family vacation to Sweden this weekend, a Helsinki - Stockholm - Helsinki cruise.  We had about seven hours in Stockholm to explore the city:  Just enough time to visit a very old church, watch a parade, walk through the old town, and have a nice lunch out on the terrace of one of the many cafes.

Stockholm has some magnificent doorways!  I snapped these quick shots along the way...




2 for 1 ... Can you spot the mini-man-sized door within the larger one?











Now here's the bonus door:

At first glance it's a beautiful door you'd expect to see alongside a shady cobblestone street lined with full, leafy trees...


... But when you zoom out, it's actually the entry to a mini-mansion on a mini-island opposite the Royal Palace! 





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog content © 2015 Shirah Eden Foy. Powered by Blogger.