WELCOME TO THE ARCHIVES

This site contains the archives of my travel blogs from 2010-2016.

I'm now blogging via Medium. For other life updates, including opportunities or requests to collaborate, visit my personal website.

.

.

.

Monday, August 09, 2010

A Tribute to Uncle Luie

While I was growing up, my parents welcomed a few single college students from our church to live with us at different times.  As a college student myself now, I can see the benefits of living with a family, and as a kid back then, it was wonderful to have someone fun and cool in the house.  

I was just four or five when Luis moved in.  He was from Spain, loved car racing and traveling, had a big Spanish flag on his wall, and a futon with a nice warm black and white blanket covering.  My brothers and I adored him.  Every morning he would get up at six am and make a fruit smoothie before heading out the door.  He'd pick us up and let us sit on the counter while he peeled bananas, threw in strawberries, and blended that sucker up.  And we always got a little cup of smoothie leftovers.  

It was sad for us when Uncle Luie moved out, but we'll always have a special place in our hearts for him.

All these great memories came flooding back this weekend as I looked through the wedding photos of Luis and his new wife, Natalie.  They got married just a few days ago, and I couldn't be happier for them!  We haven't seen Uncle Luie since we moved to Oregon ten years ago, but we hope to catch up with Luis and Natalie soon!

Congratulations Luis & Natalie!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog content © 2015 Shirah Eden Foy. Powered by Blogger.