WELCOME TO THE ARCHIVES

This site contains the archives of my travel blogs from 2010-2016.

I'm now blogging via Medium. For other life updates, including opportunities or requests to collaborate, visit my personal website.

.

.

.

Friday, April 03, 2009

tornado!

oh my
it is so late. 1am, and I have yet to do anything truly productive today. I spent a good part of the afternoon in the eye of a wanna-be tornado. I live on the very top floor of the only building on campus which was struck by lightning, thus my roommates and I spent the better part of three hours trying to endure the built-in warning siren/fire alarm in our living room which was apparently damaged in the lightning strike and would not turn off. One word to describe that: exhausting.

So I spent three hours in hysterics - watching the tv and the storm while being serenaded by sirens - instead of doing my Stats homework and researching for various papers and projects. I even had to cancel my dinner plans because there was flash flooding everywhere downtown, even after the big storm moved a bit north.

The funny thing is that it was over 70 degrees today! Apparently it's something about the cold fronts and warm fronts meeting that causes these kind of crazy weather anomalies......a new concern for me since the west coast is virtually free of natural disasters like this.
Actually, let me rephrase that: We have natural disasters, like earth quakes, forest fires, and snow storms, but I feel like there is more notice before those things happen. People aren't suddenly, unexpectedly engulfed in a torrential downpour and 100 mph winds, like we were today.

But I'm alive. And ready for tomorrow's tornado watch. Yeehaw! After all the excitement today I think I want to go out and chase tornados with those professional "Stormchasers." Now that would be an adrenaline rush.

(Just kidding Mom and Dad) :)

1 comments:

  1. i guess i was lucky...i didn't experience the winds or lightning, eek! welcome to the south;)!

    ReplyDelete

Blog content © 2015 Shirah Eden Foy. Powered by Blogger.