WELCOME TO THE ARCHIVES

This site contains the archives of my travel blogs from 2010-2016.

I'm now blogging via Medium. For other life updates, including opportunities or requests to collaborate, visit my personal website.

.

.

.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Conviction at its finest

I happened upon this tonight while browsing the web and happily licking a spoonful of chocolate frosting....my first "treat" after losing about twenty pounds in the last month and a half.  Needless to say, I immediately put that spoon down.  


"Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar.  Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch.  Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc., hard and fast.  Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow.  Routine is the enemy.  Keep workouts short and intense.  Regularly learn and play new sports."


- Coach Greg Glassman


I like this guy!  And since I'm allergic to almost all grains anyways (I can only handle a little white rice right now) the diet part isn't that difficult.  Because of Celiac disease, my punishment for eating cake isn't just a few extra pounds....it's a few days of utter misery (i.e. intestinal malfunction and malnourishment because the gluten essentially attacks my body, my digestive track shuts down, and I completely stop absorbing nutrients).  So if you've been wanting to lose a few pounds for a while but keep falling off the wagon, just pretend you have Celiac disease.  


Can't wait to hit the gym in the morning and work off those spoonfuls of frosting.  I can truly say I'm glad someone caught me in the act! 
PS - the frosting was gluten free, so I wasn't poisoning myself...just ruining my wholesome diet



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog content © 2015 Shirah Eden Foy. Powered by Blogger.