WELCOME TO THE ARCHIVES

This site contains the archives of my travel blogs from 2010-2016.

I'm now blogging via Medium. For other life updates, including opportunities or requests to collaborate, visit my personal website.

.

.

.

Saturday, July 07, 2012

Trek to Everest Base Camp - Part I

A big black water tank is heated by solar panels above the most
luxurious shower in the region. (Monjo, 2800 m)
 
Suspension bridges hang over 300+ foot ravines and
narrow the gap between mountains.
 
Day 1 successfully completed!
Destination: Namche Bazaar, 3400 m
Mani stones sing out Tibetan prayers to passersby
Emma and Adrianna enjoy apple strudel and chocolate croissants at the
famous German bakery in Namche
Overlooking Namche Bazaar, 3400 m
typical load for a Sherpa porter
In the trekking offseason, the flow of tourists screeches to a halt and Sherpas
busy themselves with building projects: expanding & renovating lodges, etc.
village on a cliff
Yep, a cloud just floated by. We're so high!
mmmm yak cheese
This mountain abode seems almost a natural part of the landscape
A typical toilet in the Solukhumbu region, although this
one has less pine needles than usual.
 
 
 
 
Not somewhere I want to sleep during summer monsoon season!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. Please let's talk.

    My daughter is a fellow Belmont alumnus. She & I are considering this trek. Another daughter wants to volunteer in Nepal.

    pjvitkus@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like these Pictures......It was really tropical Himalayan Zone including less pine needles.....

      And another hand Sound so cool she is interesting about volunteer in Nepal.But Do you know what kind of volunteer in Nepal??(I mean) Teaching in School,Build the school,Providing some clothes for Poor students.......You know.

      Delete
  2. Hi Dambar,
    I'm sorry to reply so late to your comment (2 years!?). I only just now saw it. I was teaching English in a monastery in Nepal's Solukhumbu region. It was a monastic school, so I taught the boys aged 7-15, plus some of the adult monks. I lived there a total of 3 months and had a wonderful time; thinking about returning this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dambar,
    I'm sorry to reply so late to your comment (2 years!?). I only just now saw it. I was teaching English in a monastery in Nepal's Solukhumbu region. It was a monastic school, so I taught the boys aged 7-15, plus some of the adult monks. I lived there a total of 3 months and had a wonderful time; thinking about returning this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh very nice pics. Shirah, I am So much happy about volunteering in Nepal.

    ReplyDelete

Blog content © 2015 Shirah Eden Foy. Powered by Blogger.