WELCOME TO THE ARCHIVES

This site contains the archives of my travel blogs from 2010-2016.

I'm now blogging via Medium. For other life updates, including opportunities or requests to collaborate, visit my personal website.

.

.

.

Saturday, July 07, 2012

Trek to Everest Base Camp - Part IV

We leave our clothes to dry in the wind and sun as we take to the hills
for an acclimatization day hike in Dingbuche, 4530 m (14,800 ft)
wild horses!
...and a foal!
the trails makes friends for life
this place is incredible
high altitude flowers
so much for a "rest day" - we hiked straight up for at least 2 hours!
...but the views were worth it, as were the close encounters with wild yak.
It was so steep, going down was actually worse than going up!
woohoo! Success on Day 4 - the top of the hill!
so close to Ama Dablam, 6812 m
 
I got stuck in a bog with yak blocking my way. Look at those horns!
Sneaking around them is not for the faint of heart.  And after my near
death experience two days before, very nearly having my rib cage impaled
by a rogue yak's horn, I on my tip toes around these guys.
baby yak!
a bitterly cold day on the plateau. high winds and periodic rain.
 
 
 
The roof of the world.
stupa

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog content © 2015 Shirah Eden Foy. Powered by Blogger.