WELCOME TO THE ARCHIVES

This site contains the archives of my travel blogs from 2010-2016.

I'm now blogging via Medium. For other life updates, including opportunities or requests to collaborate, visit my personal website.

.

.

.

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Last Day of the Summit - 17 June 2008

**This is a never-before-published journal entry from June 2008.


Hi Mom! :)
The Summit is over! I can't believe it.  We had our final meetings, speeches, and dinner tonight. It's about 3am and I just got back from my one and only night of clubbing during this trip. You know I'm not much of a party girl, and the extra sleep paid off.  Out of 9 groups, my group came in first place. When I get back I'll explain the goals and objectives of this simulation that is the major academic focus of the program.
I'm already looking at CYLC's International Scholar Laureate Program next summer.  There's one focusing on Diplomacy and International Relations that will take place in South Africa.
I spent this afternoon stocking up on Louis Vitton bags, Gucci shades and shoes, and lots of other goodies in what we call the "black market" hehe.
I'm jealous of everyone that's flying back home tomorrow.  But I'm also really excited to see Christine tomorrow.
I love you tons!
Will keep you updated.







One of my favorite photos of the trip...

Shanghai slums in the foreground, skyscrapers in the distance

Saying goodbye after a great Summit!

Farewell Banquet in a ritzy Shanghai floating restaurant

My friend Athena (from Greece) poses in front of Shanghai by night



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog content © 2015 Shirah Eden Foy. Powered by Blogger.